Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 SIM Cards linked to 1 phone number?

So I have an iPhone Xs with a plan through Bell with 8gb of data monthly. I recently bought an iPad Pro 10.5” with LTE. Since I have so much data to use through Bell, and I don’t use all of it on my iPhone, I’m just wondering if there is any way that I can use my existing data without having to add an LTE plan specific to my iPad? Does anyone know if it is possible to even do that? Like can I have 2 SIM’s linked to my phone number and data?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 4:50 AM

Simple - other devices, such as your iPad, can use the WiFi hotspot feature of either iPhone; your iPad can connect to either hotspot. Additionally, if running iPadOS/iOS13.x on all devices - and all devices are using the same AppleID, the iPad can auto-initiate connection to the hotspot and automatically connect to it.

I hope you find this to be helpful in solving your question.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 4:50 AM in response to Neilmcnate

Simple - other devices, such as your iPad, can use the WiFi hotspot feature of either iPhone; your iPad can connect to either hotspot. Additionally, if running iPadOS/iOS13.x on all devices - and all devices are using the same AppleID, the iPad can auto-initiate connection to the hotspot and automatically connect to it.

I hope you find this to be helpful in solving your question.

2 SIM Cards linked to 1 phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.