Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After 10.15.3 update Bluetooth Not Available

Hi,

After updating to 10.15.3 I get a Bluetooth Not Available message on my MacBook Pro early 2015.

I've tried the recommended removing com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, reseting the SMC and a few more tricks.

Have anyone else had this issue after updating to 10.15.3?

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

I appreciate any help I can get to solve this issue.

Cheers

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 3:57 AM

Hi, catseattle,

I solved the issue by turning my MBP completely off (not just to sleep), disconnected all external devices and then turning the MBP on again. Once it started up again, the Bluetooth was operational again. 😊

Hope this will work for you as well!

BR

Martin

9 replies

Feb 6, 2020 9:03 AM in response to apple_beach

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try next time the Bluetooth goes out.

Apple tech support walked me through a bunch of solutions but none of them solved the issue. I scheduled an appointment at the Genius Bar for the following day. Well, the Bluetooth started working that morning so I didn't take it in. A few days later the Bluetooth stopped working again. Today, it's working. If it keeps up I'll schedule another Genius Bar appointment.

Feb 6, 2020 12:57 PM in response to pcarrington

Hi pcarrington,

When I was having issues, I tried SHIFT and OPTION but the reset Bluetooth option didn't appear. I manually deleted the preference and it didn't fix the problem. Apple had me create a different user to see if it was a user preference issue. That didn't make any difference. I zapped the PRAM and did all of the other tricks that I know.

The devices that my laptop connects to are within 2 feet on a wooden desk so I shouldn't have any interference. The WiFi router is 10 feet away. I wish interference was the culprit, but I think it's a software issue. Everything was working just fine until the OS update. If it's a hardware issue, it just happened to coincide with the restart after the update.

Thanks for the information though. I appreciate the time.

After 10.15.3 update Bluetooth Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.