Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing letter on Ukrainian keyboard

After some of the last system updates I discovered that my Ukrainian PC keyboard is missing letter 'ґ'. While the other, regular Ukrainian, has it I do not use that one because I've gotten used to the PC layout over the many years.

Can you fix this issue? I do not need back slash as much as I need a LETTER from my alphabet.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 4:48 AM

iryna_from_ua wrote: After some of the last system updates I discovered that my Ukrainian PC keyboard is missing letter 'ґ'.

The earlier Ukrainian PC layout on my machine still has the letter. I put a copy for you at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajlwj7ymh5s76x6/Ukrainian%20PC%20Old.zip?dl=0

5 replies

Jan 30, 2020 4:01 AM in response to iryna_from_ua

We are users just like you; this is a user forum.

If you want Apple to know about this problem, use the feedback page:

hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

If there is a bug they will eventually fix it, but usually there is no reply, unless additional information is required.

In the meantime, since apparently you only need to change a small number of characters it may be possible to create your own custom keyboard layout, using an utility like “Ukelele”. I am not very experienced with it but its purpose is precisely to edit keyboard layouts.

Jan 30, 2020 7:25 AM in response to iryna_from_ua

iryna_from_ua wrote: After some of the last system updates I discovered that my Ukrainian PC keyboard is missing letter 'ґ'.

Note that this letter is not missing for all Mac users. If you have the ISO keyboard which is standard in Europe, it will be found to the left of the 1 key.

The letter is however missing for Mac users with the ANSI keyboard, which is standard in the US. This keyboard has one less key than ISO, namely the one just to the right of the left shift key.

Missing letter on Ukrainian keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.