Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari window in mail

Every time I click on a link in an email it opens a preview window on the side. How do I make this window full screen? Can I disable this feature?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 9:29 AM

So my request was about the mail app on my iPad. Every time I clicked a link in an email it popped up in a window on the side. There was no way to click it to open in full window and none of the right click options included "Open a New Window" When I dragged it to the side it just disappeared. (It didn't open in Safari or appear there)

I found a solution on Google though. Click and hold the bar at the top of the pop up window and drag it to the centre of the screen. It then becomes full screen and now that seems to have fixed it. No more side windows.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 9:29 AM in response to dominic23

So my request was about the mail app on my iPad. Every time I clicked a link in an email it popped up in a window on the side. There was no way to click it to open in full window and none of the right click options included "Open a New Window" When I dragged it to the side it just disappeared. (It didn't open in Safari or appear there)

I found a solution on Google though. Click and hold the bar at the top of the pop up window and drag it to the centre of the screen. It then becomes full screen and now that seems to have fixed it. No more side windows.

Jan 30, 2020 4:10 AM in response to Pharquarson

Tap and hold the link. Drag it to the edge of the screen and let it go.

or

Tap and hold the link and choose "Open a New Window".

Quote:

Preview website links

Touch and hold a link in Safari to see a preview of the link without opening the page. To open the link, tap the preview window, or choose another option.

To close the preview and stay on the current page, tap anywhere outside the preview window.

For more info:https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/browse-the-web-ipad999d68f9/ipados

Safari window in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.