Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to take or make a call through headphones, I cannot hear the person on the other end of the line

I have iPhone 8 with up to date operating system. When I use headphones to listen to music or radio everything is fine. BUT when I try to take a call or make a call through headphones, I cannot hear the person on the other end of the line. They can hear me fine. But I can't hear them at all. Ive checked the headphones and even changed them, but still no good. Neither pair Ive tried is an apple pair. Is it possible that iPhone will only do hands free calls with actual apple headphones ??

Anybody out there got a handle on this?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 7:10 AM

Thanks for your input, man. It turns out that the fault was in the adaptor I had bought online. It wasn't Apple. But once I replaced it with the authentic Apple adaptor, it worked fine. Thanks anyway.

3 replies

When I try to take or make a call through headphones, I cannot hear the person on the other end of the line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.