Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with calls, and an adapter

Hello, my name is Artem, I use an iPhone 11, and there was such a problem as: I can't talk to people through headphones, when I dial a person's number, or dial a person on Instagram, I hear sound from the headphones, and the sound starts coming from the phone itself. I sit through an adapter, in ordinary headphones, the speaker and the sound in them are in good condition. What should I do about this problem?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:13 AM

Thanks for reaching out on Apple Support Communities, Artem.

It sounds like you're having some trouble with being heard when using your headphones on a call. We can help.

Other than when you're on a phone call, are you able to use your headphones to record audio? You can Use the Voice Memos app to try and record a message to rule out an issue with the headphones. Additionally, if you're able to test with a different set of headphones, or to test these headphones with a different device, it may help to isolate the issue.

Let us know what you find out.

We are here for you.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 11:13 AM in response to ar04sk

Thanks for reaching out on Apple Support Communities, Artem.

It sounds like you're having some trouble with being heard when using your headphones on a call. We can help.

Other than when you're on a phone call, are you able to use your headphones to record audio? You can Use the Voice Memos app to try and record a message to rule out an issue with the headphones. Additionally, if you're able to test with a different set of headphones, or to test these headphones with a different device, it may help to isolate the issue.

Let us know what you find out.

We are here for you.

Dec 27, 2021 12:28 PM in response to ar04sk

Thanks Artem.

Since you have been able to confirm that the issue is isolated to your iPhone 11, we can see if there might be a cause for the behavior. Is there anything in the port, such as dirt or debris that might be blocking the connection of the adapter and headphones? If so, you can follow these steps on How to clean your Apple products.

If you find that after confirming there is nothing interfereing with the connection between the headphones and your iPhone that the issue continues, you can Contact Apple for support and service for additional help and guidance.

Take care.

Dec 27, 2021 1:22 PM in response to ar04sk

Those are some great questions, Artem. We'll do our best to answer them for you.

Service options will vary from region to region, so what you might expect in one location might not be the same in another based on the services options available to you. But, generally speaking, you can expect the following:

• If you have your device evaluated by Apple, they do not charge for the evaluation. Service and repairs that are covered under warranty do not have a fee, but out-of-warranty service will have a fee that you will be provided with after evaluation. All repairs needed will be handled during service, and the cost of service will reflect all repairs needed to be done.

• If you have your device evaluated by an Apple Authorized Service Provider, that is an independent business authorized by Apple to provide repair service, you should not see a charge for warranty service. However, for out-of-warranty repairs you may see a charge and it might be different from what Apple might charge, as Apple Authorized Service Providers are free to set their own prices. Additionally, the evaluation itself may have a charge as well, depending on the individual store's policies. Be sure to ask beforehand so there are no surprises.

You can use this link to locate your nearest service options: Find Locations

Take care!

Problem with calls, and an adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.