Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fire stick

Does apple+ work with fire stick or roku? My TV's are Sony smart TV, but not that new and not Apple Airplay capable. Just trying to find a way to stream on my TV's instead of my small iPhone or Ipad.

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 11:15 AM

Hi!

I got 1 year subscription to Apple TV with my new iPhone and had a same issue as you do. Old Sony TV, Chromecast and no Airplay device. I found out that Fire TV and Roku should be able to stream Apple TV so I purchased Fire TV stick and and now I am streaming Apple TV through the stick to my very old Sony. You just have to install the AppleTV app to the stick! Doing that is easy. Just go to Apps section of the FireTV stick and search, download and install the AppleTV app! Then log-in to your Apple account and you are good to watch your favorite Apple shows on the TV screen. :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2020 11:15 AM in response to preyou

Hi!

I got 1 year subscription to Apple TV with my new iPhone and had a same issue as you do. Old Sony TV, Chromecast and no Airplay device. I found out that Fire TV and Roku should be able to stream Apple TV so I purchased Fire TV stick and and now I am streaming Apple TV through the stick to my very old Sony. You just have to install the AppleTV app to the stick! Doing that is easy. Just go to Apps section of the FireTV stick and search, download and install the AppleTV app! Then log-in to your Apple account and you are good to watch your favorite Apple shows on the TV screen. :-)

fire stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.