Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Favorites

For 2 years I have been able to open safari on my MacBook and see my favorites. Even when I click on the search bar, my favorites would come up. A few days ago, my favorites just disappeared and I haven't been able to get them back. The sites I had as my favorites are under the bookmarks tabs in favorites, and my preferences are selected to open favorites when I open safari or a new tab, and my iPhone still has my favorites when I open safari. I have tried changing the setting in preferences, and then changing it back, shutting down safari, restarting my MacBook, and even updating to the newest software update. Is there anything I can do to get my favorites back? It is driving me crazy.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 1:30 PM

Safari > Preferences > Search > Smart Search Field

Disable and enable "Show Favorites"

Change Search preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Use safe mode to try to isolate the cause of the issue.

Once in Safe Mode, click the “Restart” button at the bottom of the screen to exit Safe Mode.

Test.

2 replies

Jan 30, 2020 1:42 PM in response to IsabellaaNicole

Safari >Preferences > General > New window opens with:

Make sure "Favorites" is selected.

Check for adware.

Run the latest release of Malwarebytes for Mac to remove malware/adware, if installed on your Mac.

For instructions:  Install Malwarebytes for Mac          Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac

Click the “Scan Now” button. Once done, quit Malwarebytes for Mac.

Restart the computer and relaunch Safari holding the shift key down.

Scan for Malware again.

Safari Favorites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.