Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari favorites don't stay in their folders

Hi!

Since the last update, some of my favorites I put into folders now pop up in the main section of the favorites bar in Safari 14.1.

When I put them back into the folders and restart Safari, the same problem happens again.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Daniel

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 9:05 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 13, 2021 1:16 PM in response to discocoaster

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED, I thought this was fixed by the update. It's only half fixed. It solved the issue on my desktop which still runs Catalina but my laptop runs Big Our. Now when I signed on my laptop and opened safari all the favorites I put into folders now pop up in the main section of the favorites bar in Safari 14.1. When I put them back into the folders and restart Safari, the same problem happens again until I log off of Big Sur on my laptop. I go back to safari on my desktop (running Catalina) and fix the favorites and they will stay UNTIL I log on and open safari on my laptop (running Big Sur) The obviously is an issue between the two operating systems that needs fixing, come on Apple.

Safari favorites don't stay in their folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.