Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to being able to drag favorites from Safari start page and arranging them in my order?

Why can I no longer drag and move my favorites icon on the safari start page? Not on the Home Screen and NOT the favorites folder. I use to be able to hold down and drag them just like the Home Screen, now when you press and hold a small page opens and asks if you want to copy, edit, share, save it to a group or delete. I just want it to wiggle so I can rearrange them to how I use them. I think this change happened after who knows which update but it is very frustrating. I have read all previous suggestions about rearranging the folder or rearranging the Home Screen, not what I’m looking for. Any hints? Thank you.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:44 AM

Hey there azmuzicluvr, 

If you have your Favorites displayed on your Safari Start Page, you may need to move your finger around a bit after seeing the popup you're referring to. This may cause the popup to close, still allowing you to move the icon. Additionally, following the guide below will help you arrange your Favorites as you'd like.

Bookmark favorite websites in Safari on iPad 

"View and organize your bookmarks

1. Tap the Show Sidebar button, then tap Bookmarks.
  2. Tap Edit, then do any of the following:
    • Create a new folder: Tap New Folder at the bottom left, enter a name, then tap Done.
    • Move a bookmark into a folder: Tap the bookmark, tap the Location, then tap a folder. Tap the Back button to return to your bookmarks.
    • Delete bookmarks: Tap the Delete button.
    • Rename bookmarks: Tap the bookmark, enter a new name, then tap Done.
    • Reorder bookmarks: Touch and hold The Reorder button, then drag the bookmark to a new location."

Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 9:44 AM in response to azmuzicluvr

Hey there azmuzicluvr, 

If you have your Favorites displayed on your Safari Start Page, you may need to move your finger around a bit after seeing the popup you're referring to. This may cause the popup to close, still allowing you to move the icon. Additionally, following the guide below will help you arrange your Favorites as you'd like.

Bookmark favorite websites in Safari on iPad 

"View and organize your bookmarks

1. Tap the Show Sidebar button, then tap Bookmarks.
  2. Tap Edit, then do any of the following:
    • Create a new folder: Tap New Folder at the bottom left, enter a name, then tap Done.
    • Move a bookmark into a folder: Tap the bookmark, tap the Location, then tap a folder. Tap the Back button to return to your bookmarks.
    • Delete bookmarks: Tap the Delete button.
    • Rename bookmarks: Tap the bookmark, enter a new name, then tap Done.
    • Reorder bookmarks: Touch and hold The Reorder button, then drag the bookmark to a new location."

Have a good one!

Feb 15, 2023 3:11 PM in response to Chris_C1

OMG Chris, you are my hero.!!!! Thank you you so so much. I did not leave my finger on it long enough and then move it. I was selecting one of the options, which never allowed me to simply rearrange it. I can not thank you enough for your help. Thank you, thank you. I hope this helps others that may have been having this same issue.

‘Have a great 2023!

What happened to being able to drag favorites from Safari start page and arranging them in my order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.