You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop photos from syncing to desktop

My photos are happily in the cloud and on my iphone. I don't want to sync them to my PC. How do I stop this sync?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 1:50 PM

That's correct and would also be true even if you hadn't turned off iCloud Photos on your PC. Syncing to and from a PC is not like it is with Apple devices. See the following from Get help with iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, they won't delete in iCloud Photos.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2020 1:50 PM in response to MaryleefromTucson

That's correct and would also be true even if you hadn't turned off iCloud Photos on your PC. Syncing to and from a PC is not like it is with Apple devices. See the following from Get help with iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, they won't delete in iCloud Photos.

How to stop photos from syncing to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.