Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Billing

Whenever I try to download an app it won’t let me and it always asks for billing information but I don’t have a card, do I have to update the software?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 8:47 PM

The system appears to be attempting to verify that it is actually you using the account. Unless you have the None option in the payment method options listed in your account you need to have a payment method in your account. Try redeeming a small iTunes gift card to carry a credit in your account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.3; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.3.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 8:47 PM in response to itzel163

The system appears to be attempting to verify that it is actually you using the account. Unless you have the None option in the payment method options listed in your account you need to have a payment method in your account. Try redeeming a small iTunes gift card to carry a credit in your account.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.3; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.3.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Billing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.