Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update apps

whenever I go to update an app it says there is a billing problem, I do not have a card number to put in and have no idea how to fix this

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 11:35 AM

I do not have a card number to put in

See this Apple article: What type of gift card do I have?

What type of gift card do I have? – Apple Support (UK)

👉 What you can buy with these gift cards.

When you redeem an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card, you can make purchases with your Apple ID balance. Those purchases can include apps, games, subscriptions such as Apple Music or iCloud+, and more. But for some purchases, Apple ID balance can't be used. Find out what you can buy with your Apple ID balance.

Where the Apple Gift Card is available, you can also use your Apple ID balance to buy products and accessories at apple.com or in the Apple Store app. See if Apple Gift Card is available in your country or region.

See also the following Apple articles:

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 11:35 AM in response to rorysvampluvr

I do not have a card number to put in

See this Apple article: What type of gift card do I have?

What type of gift card do I have? – Apple Support (UK)

👉 What you can buy with these gift cards.

When you redeem an Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card, you can make purchases with your Apple ID balance. Those purchases can include apps, games, subscriptions such as Apple Music or iCloud+, and more. But for some purchases, Apple ID balance can't be used. Find out what you can buy with your Apple ID balance.

Where the Apple Gift Card is available, you can also use your Apple ID balance to buy products and accessories at apple.com or in the Apple Store app. See if Apple Gift Card is available in your country or region.

See also the following Apple articles:

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Can’t update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.