Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to app store ios 13

I have an iPhone 11 with ios 13.3.1. I have been receiving the message "cannot connect to app store" for several weeks now. I receive this message under every (tab?page?) of the App Store.

I have tried...

• restarting the phone
  • making sure the App Store can use data (and WiFi)
  • making sure my device is connected to the internet
  • trying it with WiFi turned on and turned off
  • making sure I'm signed in with my Apple ID under Settings > iTunes & App Store
  • logging out and back into my Apple ID
  • checking the Apple system status page
  • updating the ios software (13.3.1)
  • updating all apps
  • making sure the Date & Time are correct and set to automatic
  • resetting "network settings"
  • resetting "all settings"
  • removing the most recently installed app

After each of these, I checked and still received the message "cannot connect to app store". I've also been restarting the phone after trying these strategies. What else should I try?

In case it is related, I also get an error message in Podcasts when I try the Search: "Can't connect right now." I am still able to browse, download, and subscribe. It's just the Search that seems broken.

Thank you.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 6:43 PM

In case others have this issue, the Apple chat Advisor found the solution. My VPN needed to be turned off manually in its app.

I thought this turned off when I switched from WiFi to data, but it stayed active. It stayed active even when toggling it off in Settings. Manually turning off the VPN fixed my App Store "Cannot Connect" error as well as my Podcast Search "Can't Connect" error. I'll now just avoid purchasing apps over semi-public or large group WiFi.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2020 6:43 PM in response to ahcloud

In case others have this issue, the Apple chat Advisor found the solution. My VPN needed to be turned off manually in its app.

I thought this turned off when I switched from WiFi to data, but it stayed active. It stayed active even when toggling it off in Settings. Manually turning off the VPN fixed my App Store "Cannot Connect" error as well as my Podcast Search "Can't Connect" error. I'll now just avoid purchasing apps over semi-public or large group WiFi.

cannot connect to app store ios 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.