Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Apple phone, on 1 of 2 phones

I have a 5s that’s associated/linked to my current Apple ID. When erasing everything on the 5, it’s asking do you want to erase your a id. If I do it, just iCloud on the 5, will it erase iCloud data across my account or that specific phone. Don’t wanna reset/sale a phone and loose my Apple ID data. Best way i can explain. The 5 has no carrier service, just WiFi’s capability. If that makes a difference. Help would be appreciated 👍

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 9:30 AM

Follow the steps here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Do not delete anything manually off the 5s while its still signed in to iCloud, as any deletions of data that is sycned with iCloud will sync to icloud and to the new device removing them from there too.

Follow the steps in the link above, to sign out of iCloud and completely wipe the device to get it ready for someone else to use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 9:30 AM in response to cutout77

Follow the steps here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Do not delete anything manually off the 5s while its still signed in to iCloud, as any deletions of data that is sycned with iCloud will sync to icloud and to the new device removing them from there too.

Follow the steps in the link above, to sign out of iCloud and completely wipe the device to get it ready for someone else to use.

Reset Apple phone, on 1 of 2 phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.