Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to remove an Apple ID from my phone and all of that person’s information so I can add my own ID

And I would like to know how to erase someone’s Apple ID for my phone that was given to me and restore it to factory settings so that I can use this phone with my own phone number in my own Apple ID my own phone number is already attached to the phone I just can’t do anything that requires an Apple ID because hers is in there

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 11:57 AM

3 replies

Dec 25, 2020 12:05 PM in response to Mattie540

You will need the Apple ID and Password of the person who set up the phone, or you will not be able to use it. Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature which cannot be by-passed. If you can still contact that person have them follow these steps...

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This link explains Activation Lock...

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I would like to remove an Apple ID from my phone and all of that person’s information so I can add my own ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.