Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New IPad Pro

I bought a new IPad and want to give my old one to husband. I reset it but it still came up with my ID. I need to change it to him. Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 5:29 AM

You need to properly prepare your old iPad for use by a different user. Correct preparation removes the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties - and securely removes your sensitive and personal data (such as your Keychain and passwords.

You should follow the recommended procedure - documented here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 5:29 AM in response to Clancyfox

You need to properly prepare your old iPad for use by a different user. Correct preparation removes the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties - and securely removes your sensitive and personal data (such as your Keychain and passwords.

You should follow the recommended procedure - documented here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jan 1, 2023 5:00 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you so much…..I did get Apple to guide me. But I bought a couple Home Pod mini’s and do not have a clue yet. Was able to get them to play music but not sure from where. One question is do I need to be subscribed to Apple Music to play my music I have purchased. Do you have a good link for instructions? I used to be able to do hookups blindfolded, but much harder with age. I’ve been online since AOL started….

New IPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.