I’m getting my husbands ipad. He has a new one and iphone

How do I get his info off and put my Apple ID in without deleting his info in iCloud

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:53 AM

Your husband should follow these instructions:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If he follows those instructions, he will lose none of his data and the iPad will be ready for you to set up with your own Apple ID.

3 replies

Jun 1, 2023 6:56 AM in response to dancinflamingo1

First and most importantly - do not attempt to manually delete any files, information or data from the iPad. If you attempt to manually delete information, deletions will be synchronised with iCloud - and may lead to irretrievable data loss.

If the iPad is being repurposed - or is being given to a new user, sold, or given away - you must closely follow the procedures outlined here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

The documented procedure will ensure that the iPad is properly prepared without affecting the current user’s data - and, importantly, removes the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties for the new user.

I’m getting my husbands ipad. He has a new one and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.