Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro iCloud documents

I have a lot of documents that have backed up to iCloud that I don't want to share with other devices. Is there anyway to create a second document folder that sits on my MacBook Pro System Mojave 10.14.6?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 9:40 AM

If you mean that you want to create a folder that does not sync to iCloud or to other devices, you can do that. Open a Finder window, use the "Go" menu in the menu bar and click "Home" in it. Then use the Finder File menu and click New Folder. I would recommend naming the folder something other than "Documents" in order to avoid confusion.

Then move the files that you don't want synced to that new folder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 9:40 AM in response to judyfromwilliamslake

If you mean that you want to create a folder that does not sync to iCloud or to other devices, you can do that. Open a Finder window, use the "Go" menu in the menu bar and click "Home" in it. Then use the Finder File menu and click New Folder. I would recommend naming the folder something other than "Documents" in order to avoid confusion.

Then move the files that you don't want synced to that new folder.

MacBook Pro iCloud documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.