Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen protector - yes or no

Ok I've had a screen protector on since day 1 and I've just removed it to fit another. Problem is that the naked screen is SOOOO nice. Now debating if to leave it naked.

I have a bumper type case so if put down, neither face will touch the surface.

Who has a naked screen, and is it really mote tolerant to scratches??

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 18, 2010 7:25 AM

48 replies

Jul 18, 2010 7:36 AM in response to TechFrenzy

I use one and it looks fine to me. My wife doesn't and just got a pretty good scratch. She didn't drop the phone and is pretty careful, but I guess somewhere along the way something touched it. Most scratches don't show up much while the display is on, but if you care at all you may want one as the iPhone 4 does seem to be more likely to scratch or break based on many reports.

Jul 18, 2010 8:22 AM in response to MrGimper

I am going to start this off to say I have minor OCD.. ; ) Ok, I use a screen protector on the back of the i4 but not one on the front. I am not using a case since I don't have reception issues but did order a case by Element called the Vapor. It is a bit pricey but super sweet looking.
The front doesn't have any scratches and I work in an industrial environment, I just don't put it in my pocket with anything else in it.
Good luck.

Jul 18, 2010 8:35 AM in response to MrGimper

The iP4 is my 4th iPhone and I've never scratched the screen on any of them since starting in 2007 and I've never put any protection on the display on any of them.

They go in my pocket, in my computer bag, on the dash in the car, etc.. I do try to make sure I don't have grit on my hands when using it and I don't have kids and have never let kids play with them.

The display is tough and can take almost anything in normal use. It's also best to use them naked for the best iPhone experience.

Jul 18, 2010 8:44 AM in response to MrGimper

My screen is naked right now because I've been holding out for the Power Support protectors, supposedly shipping at the end of the month. I used their Crystal film on my 3GS and always loved it. I don't carry rocks in my pocket, but a little extra protection never hurt.

I looked at the SGP film that someone mentioned, but it appears from the pictures that there's no cut-out for the front facing camera. Can anyone verify that?

Screen protector - yes or no

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.