Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 replacement to the new one

I have experienced very strange problem. My iPhone 7 has suddenly stopped recognising SIM card. I have tried inserting different SIM cards but nothing worked. Before the issue my IPhone was working fine. I didn’t drop it and didn’t do anything to cause the malfunction. Will it be possible for me to exchange this iPhone 7 for a new one in the same model? Because I believe it is the bug and there was nothing that I did wrong.

If anyone can help me and consult on this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Temirlan

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 8:05 AM

This is a known issue with some iPhone 7 models. Click this link to see if you qualify for the repair program --> iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 1, 2020 8:00 AM in response to temirlan259

If it’s out of warranty and it’s a hardware fault then your option with Apple is pretty much only to pay for a service replacement. If there’s a repair program for a specific issue then maybe they’ll offer a free service replacement, but I haven’t heard anything about such a program. Otherwise, Apple generally doesn’t do courtesy replacements for free.

Other than that, some suggestions are to switch on airplane mode and then switch off to see if maybe the SIM system resets.

If all else fails, some third party repair shops might be able to diagnose and fix such an issue, but Apple considers that “unauthorized repair”. If it’s just damaged contacts then it’s a fairly simple repair, but Apple would consider it to require a complete replacement.

iPhone 7 replacement to the new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.