Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro freezes up about 10 seconds after sign in and reboots. How do I fix?

My MacBook Pro freezes up about 5- 10 seconds after sign in and reboots. I have reinstalled MacIOS twice, did the PRAM, SMC, etc. I know longer get the Apple message highlighting the error but it still keeps freezing and rebooting. I notice it still taking long to sign in. The programs I had up prior to this issue keep popping up. I tried to force quit them one by one in the 10 second window I had each time it rebooted thinking maybe one of them cause a kernel panic. That window is now 5 seconds or less before freeze up. I can sign in as a guest and access safari but that’s it. Any thoughts?

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 6:24 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

Similar questions

1 reply

My MacBook Pro freezes up about 10 seconds after sign in and reboots. How do I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.