Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Required download is missing

Hello, I was trying to restore my iMac to sell it and now when I try to reinstall OS I get the message “required download is missing”

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 10:01 AM

What year model is the iMac?

Have a look at > What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If it is an older model, then you may actually need to use the original install disc's or a Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD.

5 replies

Feb 1, 2020 10:00 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for the reply. My apologies I should’ve been specific. I actually had a friend who supposedly is tech savvy do this and she doesn’t know what she did. And I am not knowledgeable enough to fix it. I am attempting to reinstall via the OSX utilities screen. There is no backup in the time machine. When I click on “reinstall OS X”, I see the screen to continue for OSX El Capitan installation 10.11. After clicking continue, I get an error yellow triangle with the message “A required download is missing”.

Required download is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.