My mac says required download missing when installing windows

i started to erase my mac when i got halfway through it died and it deleted everthing now when reinstalling it says required download missing when installing operating system

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:22 AM

What were you trying to do when you erased everything? Were you trying to install Windows instead of macOS?

Are you trying to reinstall macOS? If so, and if you just used Disk Utility to erase your startup disk, you might need to get an external bootable drive with macOS. See How to download and install macOS - Apple Support. If you can't reinstall macOS after pressing Command-R at startup, press Option-Command-R at startup instead, then try again. See How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

Let us know more information about your situation and we might be able to help. Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 1:22 AM in response to Smills15

What were you trying to do when you erased everything? Were you trying to install Windows instead of macOS?

Are you trying to reinstall macOS? If so, and if you just used Disk Utility to erase your startup disk, you might need to get an external bootable drive with macOS. See How to download and install macOS - Apple Support. If you can't reinstall macOS after pressing Command-R at startup, press Option-Command-R at startup instead, then try again. See How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

Let us know more information about your situation and we might be able to help. Good luck!

My mac says required download missing when installing windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.