Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Macro using iphone shortcuts

I was wondering how I would create a macro using the shortcuts app but I don't really understand how apple's system works. Basically what I wanted to do was have the shortcut open the settings app, then open general, then keyboard, then text replacement (I have to use it alot), but idk what commands do what or if it's even possible to automate that. All I managed to figure out was the very simple Open App part. Any elaboration on this would be appreciated.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 12:03 PM

Nasharannas ~ In the Shortcuts app, Copy & Paste the following into a "URL" action:

prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard/USER_DICTIONARY

...and then add an "Open URLs" action. For more individual pages and sub-sections of the Settings app, see this article:

A Comprehensive Guide to All 120+ Settings URLs Supported by iOS and iPadOS 13.1

And here's a screenshot of the shortcut which opens the Text Replacement sub-section of the Settings app:

õ¿õ¬

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2020 12:03 PM in response to Nasharannas

Nasharannas ~ In the Shortcuts app, Copy & Paste the following into a "URL" action:

prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard/USER_DICTIONARY

...and then add an "Open URLs" action. For more individual pages and sub-sections of the Settings app, see this article:

A Comprehensive Guide to All 120+ Settings URLs Supported by iOS and iPadOS 13.1

And here's a screenshot of the shortcut which opens the Text Replacement sub-section of the Settings app:

õ¿õ¬

Feb 5, 2020 8:28 AM in response to Nasharannas

Hello Nasharannas,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you want to know if it’s possible to create a shortcut to navigate Settings on your iPhone; I'd like to help.

Your best bet is to check out the Shortcut User Guide. Another option is to check out the Gallery in the Shortcuts app to see if there are any shortcuts available that can do what you're trying to achieve.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Feb 5, 2020 9:05 AM in response to i_rina

I'm sorry but I've read these tutorials and they do not at all answer my query. I have attempted to find the actions i need and I'm not sure they actually exist. Opening a specific page of a specific app is not the kind of particular information that those tutorials are going to have.

I am just trying to create a shortcut that directly opens the text replacement page in settings, which normally requires several taps. The tutorials pages said that that was possible but also did not at all elaborate as to how specifically that could be done and which actions were necessary.

Creating Macro using iphone shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.