Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A contacts sync issue between two iphones

I gave my friend my old iPhone 6s and I have the 8. i logged out of my icloud but she logged into hers and is still logged into my games. The biggest issue is her contacts are synced with mine and I dont know how to unsync our contacts, and we aren’t in the same iCloud.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 10:25 PM

It appears that both of you are using the same Apple ID. You should be using separate Apple IDs so that the issues that you mentioned do not happen. I recommend that you get the iPhone back from your girlfriend and do the following before you give it back to her-->>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After that is done then have her create her own Apple ID and download her own apps/games etc.

Hope this helps.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2020 10:25 PM in response to Raedmcstuffin

It appears that both of you are using the same Apple ID. You should be using separate Apple IDs so that the issues that you mentioned do not happen. I recommend that you get the iPhone back from your girlfriend and do the following before you give it back to her-->>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After that is done then have her create her own Apple ID and download her own apps/games etc.

Hope this helps.

Axel F.

Feb 2, 2020 10:39 PM in response to Raedmcstuffin

There is something that is being used in common between the two of you. You mentioned that she has her own Apple ID so that is good however she still can access your games data and your contacts are synced. It looks like the Apple GameCenter and Contacts are still interacting between the two iPhones.

Best bet is to wipe that iPhone and give it back to her as shown in my previous response. This will clear up all the confusions and both of you will have a better experience with your respective iPhones.

Axel F.

A contacts sync issue between two iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.