Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.3 - Waking up!

Since upgrading to 10.15.3, my 2017 iMac won't wake by just touching my keyboard as it did before. I have to turn it on again ( even though I only put it to sleep when I left it) and go right back to the Mac screen with me and a guest as an option. How do I get it to just wake up without going through all that rigmarole, please?

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:44 AM

Go to: Apple > System Preferences > Bluetooth > click Advanced... > make sure "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" is checked > then click OK.

If it is already checked? Try unchecking it and click OK. Then go back in, recheck it and click OK.

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 3, 2020 7:47 AM in response to hollytwinkle

FWIW, I gave up on the Sleep function years ago. Ever since the inception of OS X there have been Sleep related issues. And even more lately. I just use Display Sleep and keep it set for 15 minutes so I'm not burning the screen. No put hard disks to sleep (they should spin down on their own after about 10 minutes of inactivity), no wake for network access.That way your Mac uses very little power over Sleep and is ready to use at the touch of a key without any grogginess. UNIX based systems were made to be always on and they’ve been running busy servers 24/7 for decades.

My own 2010 iMac has been used daily and has never slept a day in its life. It's still going strong.

Catalina 10.15.3 - Waking up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.