Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen turns pink and rainbow colored

The screen on my 2018 iMac turns pink and rainbow colored (on occasion) after screen saver quits. If I touch any key it will go away and appears to be normal but then a couple days later it will do it again. ?

iMac 27" 5K, 10.15

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:00 AM

Disable the ScreenSaver and manually Sleep or let the Display sleep after 10 minutes.

If the problem goes away, then I suspect that the screensaver is overheating your graphic's chip.

If that does not help, try vacuuming out the air intakes to make sure that they are free from dust and debris.

If none of the above help, you need to make a service appointment at Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service provider.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 7:00 AM in response to lizgwalker

Disable the ScreenSaver and manually Sleep or let the Display sleep after 10 minutes.

If the problem goes away, then I suspect that the screensaver is overheating your graphic's chip.

If that does not help, try vacuuming out the air intakes to make sure that they are free from dust and debris.

If none of the above help, you need to make a service appointment at Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service provider.

Screen turns pink and rainbow colored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.