Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Carplay Buzzing

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone else had this problem:

My iPhone 7 has always worked relatively well with Carplay up until a week or two ago, where sometimes instead of playing music, a very loud buzzing/humming noise starts, and won't stop until I unplug my phone and plug it back in again. I've tried it in two different cars with two different cables and the buzzing is still happening. It's almost gotten to the point where it is unusable. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm using Spotify for my music, if that helps.

Thank you!

iPhone 7

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 6:37 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2020 3:48 PM in response to steph_vball25

Hello steph_vball25,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're hearing a buzzing sound while using CarPlay. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Take a look at the steps here, and give those a try: If you need help with CarPlay.

To isolate the issue further, try playing music through the Music app. If the issue only occurs while using Spotify, you may want to try the steps here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open.

Take care.

Apple Carplay Buzzing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.