Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV App says I have no Movies or TV Shows

Whenever I open the TV App on my iPad and go to Library, it says I have no TV Shows or Movies, which is frustratingly false. I have plenty, the app just isn't letting me access them. I've updated to the most recent iOS, restarted the iPad, signed out and back in to my account and it still isn't letting me watch my own purchased media.

Does anyone have a suggestion, or does Apple have a reason why I can't watch the content I've purchased? Thank you.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 8:36 PM

• troubleshoot your network

reboot your wifi modem and reset network settings: in settings- general- reset- reset network settings. Sometimes everything else is connected while one app or device just won’t

• try signing out of your Apple ID then sign back in (top right profile icon)
  • you can also try deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 8:36 PM in response to CorrickII

• troubleshoot your network

reboot your wifi modem and reset network settings: in settings- general- reset- reset network settings. Sometimes everything else is connected while one app or device just won’t

• try signing out of your Apple ID then sign back in (top right profile icon)
  • you can also try deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store

Feb 3, 2020 12:57 PM in response to CorrickII

Are these purchases from the iTunes Store? Purchases from other content providers wouldn’t be accessible through the Apple TV app.

Are these iTunes Store purchases bought using the same Apple ID account as registered with the iPad? Purchases are account-specific and can’t be accessed through a different account.

Is your Apple ID still for the same country or region as when the purchases were made? Digital content is not internationally accessible.

TV App says I have no Movies or TV Shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.