Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t reinstall Mac OS X

I erased hard drive through disk utility. When I attempt to reinstall Mac OS it says “Can’t download the additional components needed to install Mac OS X”. I have tried going into DU and erasing and rebooting etc. nothing is working. I’ve looked through other discussion posts here and nothing is helping. Please help!

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:45 PM

Download and build an installer on another Mac; preferably High Sierra or later.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Depending on which Mac, try the Option-Command-R chord to launch current-version Recovery:

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Which Mac? Presumably a MacBook Pro, but which year?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 7:45 PM in response to vaneedhelp

Download and build an installer on another Mac; preferably High Sierra or later.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Depending on which Mac, try the Option-Command-R chord to launch current-version Recovery:

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Which Mac? Presumably a MacBook Pro, but which year?

Feb 3, 2020 7:56 PM in response to MrHoffman

I don’t have access to another MacBook but it is a Pro Mid 2012 Retina. I tried internet reinstalling but it’s not working. Tried with several internet connections but it honestly doesn’t seem like it’s even trying to install. I’ve rebooted so much sometimes it just shows a folder and a question mark. I reboot until the globe pops back up. I even tried setting the time back to 2012 through Terminal.

Can’t reinstall Mac OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.