Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G3 or newer Keyboard and Macbook Air

Hi All

I was wondering if a iMac G3 or newer keyboard would work with my Macbook Air. I do not have the newest Macbook Air with the USB C. So I have the mag-safe charger. I was just wondering. Right now I am using a basic keyboard that I picked up off the clearance table at Walmart. I got this keyboard so I would have something more than the Macbook keyboard. I like actual keyboards better than laptop keyboards when I am at home with my computer at my desk. However that keyboard does not have the correct Apple keys. Would an actual Apple keyboard with Apple Keys work with the Macbook Air? I do not like the Bluetooth keyboards that Apple makes today they are to close to the laptops keyboard. Anyone have any experience with older Apple computer model Keyboards and newer Apple model computers?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 4:09 AM

Any keyboard with a USB cable will work which would include any of the colorful iMacs. I was using a keyboard from that era until a few years ago and retired it only because the 'clacky' keys didn't get along with my new hearing aids.

2 replies

iMac G3 or newer Keyboard and Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.