Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music doesn't create personalized playlists

why isnt apple music making personalized playlists? i have been using it for a while and i like and dislike songs quite a lot. so why doesnt it create a for you playlist?

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 5:03 PM

Hello plop144,

It sounds like you want a way to create personalized playlists in Apple Music. Is that right? If so, I believe I have a resource that can help you improve your Apple Music recommendations. 

Selecting your favorite genres and artists is a great initial step to help adjust what's recommended to you. You may have this set up already, but because our taste and mood with music can change, you can always reset your favorite genres and artist at any time. The link I’ll be providing will show you how.

Also, make sure you consistently tell Apple Music what you love. Telling Apple Music what you love and dislike improves future recommendations. 

Lastly you can utilize the For You section in Apple Music for personalized content based on your interactions within Apple Music. For You lets you discover playlists created by Apple Music experts, albums based on your tastes, and music your friends are listening to.

Take a look at the following article. It touches on everything I’ve described.

See recommended music on iPhone

Warm Regards. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 5:03 PM in response to plop144

Hello plop144,

It sounds like you want a way to create personalized playlists in Apple Music. Is that right? If so, I believe I have a resource that can help you improve your Apple Music recommendations. 

Selecting your favorite genres and artists is a great initial step to help adjust what's recommended to you. You may have this set up already, but because our taste and mood with music can change, you can always reset your favorite genres and artist at any time. The link I’ll be providing will show you how.

Also, make sure you consistently tell Apple Music what you love. Telling Apple Music what you love and dislike improves future recommendations. 

Lastly you can utilize the For You section in Apple Music for personalized content based on your interactions within Apple Music. For You lets you discover playlists created by Apple Music experts, albums based on your tastes, and music your friends are listening to.

Take a look at the following article. It touches on everything I’ve described.

See recommended music on iPhone

Warm Regards. 

Apple Music doesn't create personalized playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.