Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keypad interfering with calls

When I make or receive a call, the screen on my iphone SE activates keypad functions such as speaker or mute or a numerical digit. This seems to be caused when my ear comes into contact with the screen. How can I stop this?

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 7:26 AM

They should not be available, if your proximity sensor is working fine.

That sensor, when you use your iphone close to your ear, should prevent that behavior.

Three things to try:

A forced restart of your SE, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Check if anything (screen protector or cover) is interfering with that sensor (it is located close to the earpiece at the top)

If the issue still persists, have your SE checked at an Apple Store or AASP:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 7:26 AM in response to Nobkelly

They should not be available, if your proximity sensor is working fine.

That sensor, when you use your iphone close to your ear, should prevent that behavior.

Three things to try:

A forced restart of your SE, using these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Check if anything (screen protector or cover) is interfering with that sensor (it is located close to the earpiece at the top)

If the issue still persists, have your SE checked at an Apple Store or AASP:--> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Keypad interfering with calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.