Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files don't move from PC to the iCLoud

I installed iCloud on to my PC a week ago. I signed into the iCloud App on my PC, moved folders into iCloud folder in the File Explorer. The only problem is that I don't see any of the PC files in the actual iCloud. When I check my iCloud devices it shows PC as an "iPhone", when I look though the phone; and "PC computer Windows 6 (instead of Windows 10)" in the iCloud. Am I missing something, why my PC files have not mirrored into the iCLoud?

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 3:50 PM

Which iCloud folder on your PC did you move the files to? See the "Download your photos and share with friends" and "See your files with iCloud Drive" sections in:

Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

iCloud Photos uploads new photos and videos that you add to the iCloud Photos Uploads folder on your PC so you can view them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, and on iCloud.com

When you turn on iCloud Drive, iCloud for Windows creates an iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer. Any documents that you've stored in iCloud will automatically download to the iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer. Files that you create on your PC and save to this folder automatically appear on your other devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2020 3:50 PM in response to Tatyana_S

Which iCloud folder on your PC did you move the files to? See the "Download your photos and share with friends" and "See your files with iCloud Drive" sections in:

Set up and use iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

iCloud Photos uploads new photos and videos that you add to the iCloud Photos Uploads folder on your PC so you can view them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, and on iCloud.com

When you turn on iCloud Drive, iCloud for Windows creates an iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer. Any documents that you've stored in iCloud will automatically download to the iCloud Drive folder in File Explorer. Files that you create on your PC and save to this folder automatically appear on your other devices.

Files don't move from PC to the iCLoud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.