Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unauthorized purchase

How to cancel a unauthorized purchased

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 8:02 PM

22 replies

Mar 7, 2020 11:31 AM in response to papabearparks

Are you getting email telling you about these purchases, and have you then gone directly to the Apple purchases and subscription information sites directly, and verified these purchases actually occurred?

Why verify?

It’s routine for folks to receive fake purchase notices, and some of the scam recipients then panic and mistakenly click on the embedded links in the scam message and hand the scammers their Apple ID credentials.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

If you have exposed your Apple ID password to one of these scams, change it right now, and enable two-factor authentication if that’s not already enabled. And expect some attempts from the scammers to get the two-factor verification code from you, if that’s already been enabled.

Apr 6, 2020 12:25 PM in response to artpaintingenthusiast12

artpaintingenthusiast12 wrote:

An unathorized purchase: Temple Run2-Chest of Coins was made on a device never associated with my Apple ID.
Date: Monday, Feb 6 2020 / Device:Windows 10 / Operating System: 12:1 ID#76527TR1212AS
I received an Apple Notice today: April 6, 2020 at 12:07pm. The document that was attached for cancellation of the purchase, did not link me to any site. Thank you.

Enable viewing of all posts in this thread, scroll up to the beginning, and start reading.

This assuming this “unauthorized purchase” isn’t one of the many email phishing scams seeking your Apple ID password.

If there actually was an unauthorized purchase, they have your Apple ID password. Which would be bad.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Opening random Microsoft documents is a very bad idea, particularly if you have Office with macros enabled.

Apr 30, 2020 2:18 PM in response to pinkydie

pinkydie wrote:

I received an email stating that I was charged $19.99 for an subway game I didn' buy this game I only have two games on my iPad and this is not mine and no no one uses my account

Lying works. Folks believe mail. Folks believe messages. Folks believe computers are always truthful. Folks panic. Folks get greedy. Folks get titillated. Folks get incautious. Which is profitable.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

May 31, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Tropical1953

Tropical1953 wrote:

I rec’d an EM stating “Unusual Transaction Update: You’ve made a Purchase from Bumble: Matches. Chats. Dating on Sunday, May 31,2020. (CS.BL#AD18192874301120180014)
Your Apple ID, has just been used to purchase

Scam.

Delete.

Consider enabling two-factor authentication, as that’ll make it more difficult to wrest control of your Apple ID from you.

Mar 15, 2020 11:48 AM in response to louie491

louie491 wrote:

Yeah I’m reviving weird emails but nothing to click on ?

So?

The scammers might not have all their scam-generator apps working quite right.

Yet.

Delete it.

Expect more scams.

Expect better-grade scams.

Expect more destructive scams.

Expect spectacular teases, hooks, efforts to titillate, efforts to induce fear, and relentless schemes to get you to click, too.

This is clickbait, automated, tailored, and tested to make money.

From you.

Verify separately.

Delete.

Move on.

Been running SpamSieve here for years, FWIW.

Mar 26, 2020 8:45 PM in response to louie491

I received an email from Apple today 27 Mac 2020 stating that my Apple ID has been used to purchase Mobile Legend Bang bang amounting USD106.69 but I did not make any purchase for this item. The invoice was attached and if I did not authorised this purchase, I can cancel it and I followed the process under Cancel and manage Purchasing. After inputting all the details required, I did not receive any confirmation that the purchase has been cancelled. Hence not sure whether the cancellation has been effected or not.

Apr 1, 2020 5:00 PM in response to LWestphal

LWestphal wrote:

I need a refund on an unauthorized purchase that was charged to my Mastercard. It was not me.

Scroll up, and start reading.

Assuming this “unauthorized purchase” isn’t one of the many email phishing scams seeking your Apple ID password.

If there actually was an unauthorized purchase, they have your Apple ID password. Which would be bad.

Apr 6, 2020 12:21 PM in response to louie491

An unathorized purchase: Temple Run2-Chest of Coins was made on a device never associated with my Apple ID.

Date: Monday, Feb 6 2020 / Device:Windows 10 / Operating System: 12:1 ID#76527TR1212AS

I received an Apple Notice today: April 6, 2020 at 12:07pm. The document that was attached for cancellation of the purchase, did not link me to any site. Thank you.

Unauthorized purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.