Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Showtime subscription being Hulu branded?

I recently subscribed to Showtime on their website. For the first week or so I was able to click on shows in my "Up Next" area at the top of the ATV home page to watch shows. Last night when I clicked on my next episode of "Homeland" I was greeted with a "Hulu" branded Showtime screen and a tv commercial followed that could not be skipped. The Showtime app DOES NOT have these. Why is the "Up Next" version of Showtime NOW Hulu branded? If I click on the actual Showtime app it works normally.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 5:13 AM

I reached out to Apple Support on this. They said they had not heard this reported previously. He put me on hold to research it. By the time he came back I had found something in settings which appeared to address this as a work around. Under Settings there is an apps menu. When you look in Apps all the apps that can be shown on "Up Next" appear here. You can set them on or off and that will determine if they show in Up Next. I turned Hulu off. Now Showtime showed up as a Showtime app and did not affect being able to go into the Hulu App. So solid work around.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 5:13 AM in response to radamo59

I reached out to Apple Support on this. They said they had not heard this reported previously. He put me on hold to research it. By the time he came back I had found something in settings which appeared to address this as a work around. Under Settings there is an apps menu. When you look in Apps all the apps that can be shown on "Up Next" appear here. You can set them on or off and that will determine if they show in Up Next. I turned Hulu off. Now Showtime showed up as a Showtime app and did not affect being able to go into the Hulu App. So solid work around.

Why is my Showtime subscription being Hulu branded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.