Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hulu and Fox issue

I pay for a subscription to Hulu via Apple TV. Apple TV keeps directing me to The FOX App for some tv shows that are available to me via Hulu with NO commercials. How can I correct this?

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:22 PM

Hi Hulu-Fox,

To be sure the issue you are having, on your AppleTV(hardware) you are using the AppleTV app and you see a content title listed in the Watch Now section. You click on the content icon preview and it is opening within the Fox app to play the content.

If this is a correct description, I'm not aware of a specific 'open with this app' settings in AppleTV hardware or the Apple TV app. Here are my thoughts/suggestions:

• Within the content preview icon (down in the lower right of the icon), there should be a very small icon telling you what app this content comes from. This is what app will open the content. This is not changeable to the best of my knowledge but at least it will tell you what app will open.
  • Down further in the Apple TV app will be channels. If you want to watch something from a specific app, such as Hulu, you can go to channels and select the Hulu Icon to bring up your Hulu content choices.
  • In the AppleTV settings>Apps>TV, in the 'Connect to TV' section you can choose what apps connect to your Apple TV app(if the app is compatible with this function). If the Fox app is listed and connected, you can disconnect it from TV. This will mean Fox App content choices will be seen by manually opening the Fox app.

Hopefully these suggestions are helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 9:22 PM in response to Hulu-fox

Hi Hulu-Fox,

To be sure the issue you are having, on your AppleTV(hardware) you are using the AppleTV app and you see a content title listed in the Watch Now section. You click on the content icon preview and it is opening within the Fox app to play the content.

If this is a correct description, I'm not aware of a specific 'open with this app' settings in AppleTV hardware or the Apple TV app. Here are my thoughts/suggestions:

• Within the content preview icon (down in the lower right of the icon), there should be a very small icon telling you what app this content comes from. This is what app will open the content. This is not changeable to the best of my knowledge but at least it will tell you what app will open.
  • Down further in the Apple TV app will be channels. If you want to watch something from a specific app, such as Hulu, you can go to channels and select the Hulu Icon to bring up your Hulu content choices.
  • In the AppleTV settings>Apps>TV, in the 'Connect to TV' section you can choose what apps connect to your Apple TV app(if the app is compatible with this function). If the Fox app is listed and connected, you can disconnect it from TV. This will mean Fox App content choices will be seen by manually opening the Fox app.

Hopefully these suggestions are helpful.

Hulu and Fox issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.