Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Software Update app not installed

I recently downloaded iTunes for Windows and noticed the Apple Software Update program was not also installed. Do I need that app to be sure iTunes periodically updates, if so, where can I find it for download?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 4:56 PM

Hello, Kstevensmd.

I understand that you would like a bit of assistance with Apple Software Update for Windows. I’m glad you took time to post and glad to lend a hand.

One thing I wanted to note is that Apple Software Update isn’t an app in and of itself. It is a feature of iTunes for Windows that will help you run updates when required. The Apple Support article, How to use Apple Software Update for Windows, has some very helpful information. I pulled what I feel to be the most relevant and posted it below.

How to run Apple Software Update
1. Click on the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your Windows screen.
2.Type Apple Software Update in the search field.
3. Click on Apple Software Update when it appears in the search results dialog.

You can also enable automatic updates.

Update iTunes on PC

Have iTunes automatically check for new versions every week: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, then make sure the “Check for new software updates automatically” is selected.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2020 4:56 PM in response to Kstevensmd

Hello, Kstevensmd.

I understand that you would like a bit of assistance with Apple Software Update for Windows. I’m glad you took time to post and glad to lend a hand.

One thing I wanted to note is that Apple Software Update isn’t an app in and of itself. It is a feature of iTunes for Windows that will help you run updates when required. The Apple Support article, How to use Apple Software Update for Windows, has some very helpful information. I pulled what I feel to be the most relevant and posted it below.

How to run Apple Software Update
1. Click on the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of your Windows screen.
2.Type Apple Software Update in the search field.
3. Click on Apple Software Update when it appears in the search results dialog.

You can also enable automatic updates.

Update iTunes on PC

Have iTunes automatically check for new versions every week: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, then make sure the “Check for new software updates automatically” is selected.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards.

Apple Software Update app not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.