Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change the "Screen Time" passcode on ipad

How do you change the passcode for screen time?

Currently it is the same as the basic iPad access passcode and would like to change it on my daughter's iPad.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 9:29 AM

Apologies - my fault - there is a ScreenTime Passcode change option in normal circumstances. As you observe, disabling and re-enabling ScreenTime will reuse the already set Passcode until it is either changed or deleted.

Settings > ScreenTime > Change ScreenTime Passcode

Sorry, I don’t currently have the means to confirm this is consistent for a Childs device with family settings. If not present, I suggest that you directly contact Apple Support using the Contact Support link at top right of this page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 9:29 AM in response to b_mac89

Apologies - my fault - there is a ScreenTime Passcode change option in normal circumstances. As you observe, disabling and re-enabling ScreenTime will reuse the already set Passcode until it is either changed or deleted.

Settings > ScreenTime > Change ScreenTime Passcode

Sorry, I don’t currently have the means to confirm this is consistent for a Childs device with family settings. If not present, I suggest that you directly contact Apple Support using the Contact Support link at top right of this page.

Feb 5, 2020 5:56 AM in response to b_mac89

A passcode change facility isn’t provided. Instead you will need to disable Content & Privacy Restrictions - for which you will need to enter the current Restrictions Passcode.

Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content & Privacy Restrictions - toggle to OFF

Once disabled, you re-enable this feature and enter the new Restrictions Passcode - which will be valid for this device only. Make note, write it down or otherwise record it somewhere safe. If you forget or lose the Restrictions Passcode, you will have to reset to scratch and will not be able to restore from backup (the Restrictions Passcode is included in the backup).

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving your query.

Feb 5, 2020 9:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for the reply. The dialog requested a passcode. The passcode it accepted was the base passcode for the device. I disabled Content & Privacy Restrictions again. I never got a dialog to create a passcode when reenabling. So turned off Restrictions again and restarted the ipad. Made another attempt and this time it asked for my child's password for my child's appleID. No way to change to my AppleID. It possible this was an unrelated request for a login.

I attempted to see if there was a change passcode option, but I did not find one.

Wondering if I am not better off wiping the entire thing and starting over. I suspect since the base account is my child's account, that it is somehow treating the child like an adult, though the AppleID recognizes the child as being under 13.

Thanks for your help.

bmac

Change the "Screen Time" passcode on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.