Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Table to Text in Pages 8

How do I convert a Table to Text in Pages v. 8? I have a list imported from Excel and I want it in a text version.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 11:18 PM

Hi lm'

Current versions of Pages do not have the convenient Table to Text conversion available in the now archaic '09 version.

Here are one way to do the conversion:

Copy the contents of the table.

• Select any cell in the table with a singe click.
  • press command-A to Select All.
  • press command-C to Copy.

Paste the contents into a text box.

• Click the Text button in Pages' tool bar to insert a text box in the document.
  • Drag the box to a clear spot, then click inside the box.
  • Press command-V to paste the copied text into the box.

Your text box will now contain text values separated by tabs, with rows separated by returns.

You can use command-F to find \t (tabs) and replace with ', ' (comma space — without the quotes) if desired.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 11:18 PM in response to lakemusic

Hi lm'

Current versions of Pages do not have the convenient Table to Text conversion available in the now archaic '09 version.

Here are one way to do the conversion:

Copy the contents of the table.

• Select any cell in the table with a singe click.
  • press command-A to Select All.
  • press command-C to Copy.

Paste the contents into a text box.

• Click the Text button in Pages' tool bar to insert a text box in the document.
  • Drag the box to a clear spot, then click inside the box.
  • Press command-V to paste the copied text into the box.

Your text box will now contain text values separated by tabs, with rows separated by returns.

You can use command-F to find \t (tabs) and replace with ', ' (comma space — without the quotes) if desired.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 6, 2020 5:36 AM in response to lakemusic

Thought I would mention that LibreOffice Writer v6.4.0 (current 2020-02-06) has a Table menu : Convert > [table to text||text to table] capability that converts in-place. A table, when copy/pasted from LibreOffice Writer becomes a table in Pages v8.2.1, and the text from a table converted to text in LibreOffice Writer, is pasted into Pages as text, not converted into a table.

Convert Table to Text in Pages 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.