Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Table To Text in Pages 10.0

how to Convert Table To Text in Pages 10.0?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 25, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 2:32 PM

I've copied my post there to place here.

Hi,

There was another popular word processing and page layout application for Macintosh that could do this with a menu command. But that one, named Pages '09 was discontinued in 2010.

Its name, Pages, was assigned to a newly created word processing and page layout application that was introduced as Pages v5, and is currently known as Pages 10. The new application was missing several features supported by the previous one. Some have since been added to the new software, some new ones have been added as well.

Text to Table and Table to Text isn't one of them.

To convert a Table to Text:

• Select the cells you want to convert.
  • Copy.
  • Click the Text button in the button bar to open a new Text Box
  • Click in the placeholder text, then Paste.
  • The result will be a tab delimited list of the items copied.

• To replace the tas with a different character (I used a space) select and copy one of the tabs (left box),
  • Press command-F to open Find and Replace
  • Paste the tab in the Find box.
  • Place the character to replace it in the Replace with box.
  • Click the > to find the first tab. (It will get a bright yellow .container')
  • Repeatedly click 'Replace and Find' to replace the rest

• Noe that Replace All will replace ALL tabs in the document with the replacement character, NOT just the ones in the selected text box.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 2:32 PM in response to mdekaos

I've copied my post there to place here.

Hi,

There was another popular word processing and page layout application for Macintosh that could do this with a menu command. But that one, named Pages '09 was discontinued in 2010.

Its name, Pages, was assigned to a newly created word processing and page layout application that was introduced as Pages v5, and is currently known as Pages 10. The new application was missing several features supported by the previous one. Some have since been added to the new software, some new ones have been added as well.

Text to Table and Table to Text isn't one of them.

To convert a Table to Text:

• Select the cells you want to convert.
  • Copy.
  • Click the Text button in the button bar to open a new Text Box
  • Click in the placeholder text, then Paste.
  • The result will be a tab delimited list of the items copied.

• To replace the tas with a different character (I used a space) select and copy one of the tabs (left box),
  • Press command-F to open Find and Replace
  • Paste the tab in the Find box.
  • Place the character to replace it in the Replace with box.
  • Click the > to find the first tab. (It will get a bright yellow .container')
  • Repeatedly click 'Replace and Find' to replace the rest

• Noe that Replace All will replace ALL tabs in the document with the replacement character, NOT just the ones in the selected text box.

Regards,

Barry

Convert Table To Text in Pages 10.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.