Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving texts for two-step verification from various sites

I have had an Iphone X for a couple of years. I have a number of sites (brokerages, banks, ISP, ADT) that use the two-step verification where a text with a (usually) six digit code is sent to my phone. after sign-in. However, recently and for no observable reason, my phone has stopped receiving such texts. I have to tap the alternative (send e-mail) to receive the code, which works fine. One site sent a voice message with the code as an alternative, so it's not that their number was somehow blocked by my phone. Also, I receive all normal texts. It's just the two-step ones I'm not receiving. And as far as I know it's all of them.

I've checked my settings and don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Anyone know what's happening?

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 2:06 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2020 4:19 PM in response to Case60

He said that because the texts don't come through Verizon, but rather through Imessages, it's an Apple problem.

Highly doubtful. That's the easiest answer Verizon can provide.

3rd party sites would not use Apple's proprietary iMessage service to send you messages.

That would limit users of their service to those with iOS devices.

You got a bad answer from Verizon.

Not receiving texts for two-step verification from various sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.