Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving verification codes via text

IPhone 11 Pro with iOS 15.5, T-Mobile. I am not receiving texts from providers sending a verification code (Social Security, Simplisafe, my credit union, etc) and I get “not delivered” messages when texting someone who does not have iMessage, though some of the texts are getting through even with the “not delivered” message. Seems to have started about 2 months ago. Need to both send to non-iMessage folks and get verification codes (that one has me baffled).

Posted on Jun 7, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 5:57 AM

I am having the same issue with my iPhone7. About two months ago I stopped receiving verification texts. Since all of my financial institutions use two-factor authentication, this is very frustrating and inconvenient. I have the same carrier (AT&T) I’ve always had. My wife has an iPhone (a 10) and uses the same carrier as me and has not had any issues. I’ve gone through all of my settings to see what the reason could be but nothing jumps out.

Extremely annoying and frustrating. Most likely related to one of Apple’s half-baked and poorly conceived software updates.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 5:57 AM in response to Randy Gerdes

I am having the same issue with my iPhone7. About two months ago I stopped receiving verification texts. Since all of my financial institutions use two-factor authentication, this is very frustrating and inconvenient. I have the same carrier (AT&T) I’ve always had. My wife has an iPhone (a 10) and uses the same carrier as me and has not had any issues. I’ve gone through all of my settings to see what the reason could be but nothing jumps out.

Extremely annoying and frustrating. Most likely related to one of Apple’s half-baked and poorly conceived software updates.

Not receiving verification codes via text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.