Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 13 Won’t Receive Verification Texts? Here’s the Answer.

My iPhone 13 Pro is receiving all text messages, even SMS. I just can’t receive the messages where they send you a “one-time” code to verify for your phone number and identity. I sat on the phone with my carrier T-Mobile and Apple for multiple days. I read a reply comment on a thread related to the same question and got my answer. Even though my messages “filter unknown senders” setting was turned off; once i turned it on and back off, the text Verification Codes was going through to my phone again!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 10:56 PM

I’m having the same problem and this didn’t fix it. My phone was cracked and Apple gave me a new phone yesterday. Said everything was backed up and properly reinstalled. But my bank log ins didn’t transfer and I now I am not receiving codes so I can’t deposit my checks into my online only banking account. I need a fix and fast. Any help, greatly appreciated

Similar questions

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 10:56 PM in response to MomoDaFool

I’m having the same problem and this didn’t fix it. My phone was cracked and Apple gave me a new phone yesterday. Said everything was backed up and properly reinstalled. But my bank log ins didn’t transfer and I now I am not receiving codes so I can’t deposit my checks into my online only banking account. I need a fix and fast. Any help, greatly appreciated

Apr 9, 2023 7:40 PM in response to MEB407

I went to the local AT&T store and was given a number for the tech/warranty department because they couldn't figure it out in the store. (They suggested and tried everything that I had already tried.) I called the number and the tech looked at my account and almost immediately saw the problem. He said there was something that was not set up correctly and within a couple of minutes he had my phone fixed. It's been about a week and I have received all of the two party verification codes that were sent.

Feb 3, 2023 7:45 AM in response to MomoDaFool

I am I experiencing the same exact issue. It was working fine and then WHAM the verification texts stopped coming in and I can’t figure out why. I’ve rebooted the phone, turned airplane mode on and off, checked the blocking feature and a few other things and nothing. Yes I went to settings, messages and everything he instructed us to do and still nothing. Perhaps a good old factory reset??

Mar 1, 2023 12:02 PM in response to MomoDaFool

I have the same problem. Brand new iPhone 13 Mini, just bought it yesterday.

I just returned to IOS after 5 years with Android, and I have to say, this experience hasn't gotten any better.

I love the size of this phone, but it's been nothing but a headache, and I never had a problem with Samsung or Motorola phones.

I hope Apple sorts out their issues some day, instead of focusing so much time and energy to new features.

May 18, 2023 12:58 PM in response to MomoDaFool

My iphone 13 (v 16.4.1) also had "filter unknown senders" enabled, was fine till just today (May 18, 2023) when it suddenly stopped allowing verification texts through. I tried from my laptop, no go. Tried from different browsers, nothing. Tried initiating a phone call for the one-time-passcode, nada. Nothing was getting through. This was all for my Amazon account. I worried that my credit card was being hacked via Amazon, so I tried logging in there. One-time-passcode was initiated. Nothing to my phone. I decided to look in my message app and noticed the setting was on (I don't remember enabling it, but that doesn't mean anything, especially considering the ridiculous 16.4.1 security updates I'm STILL figuring out). I disabled it, successfully received a one time passcode from my credit card company, then re-enabled it after checking my account. I do NOT appreciate the sudden blocking of validation codes that had previously worked. I did NOT touch any settings. You are not crazy either - iPhone users are getting jerked around somehow. Communication about this would be great at alleviating frustration.

iPhone 13 Won’t Receive Verification Texts? Here’s the Answer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.