Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The song I purchased isn’t showing in my device to use as a ringtone

I have googled everything but my song I purchased back in Jan isn’t showing up so I can use it as a ringtone

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 6:48 PM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2020 3:38 PM in response to MindyNic_23

Hi MindyNic_23,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to locate a song you've previously purchased to use as a ringtone. I know it's important to be able to customize the sounds on your iPhone; I can provide some information. If this was a full song purchased from the iTunes Store you won't be able to use it as a ringtone.

Take a look at these steps for how to download ringtones from the Tones section of the iTunes Store or restore previously purchased tones:

"Buy ringtones from the iTunes Store

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
    2. Tap  More.
    3. Tap Tones. 
    4. Find a ringtone that you want to buy, then tap the price.
    5. Choose an option to automatically set the ringtone. Or tap Done to decide later.
    6. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to complete your purchase.

Store availability and features might vary by country or region. Learn what's available in your country or region.

Redownload ringtones purchased with your Apple ID

1. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
    2. Under Sounds and Vibration Patterns, tap any sound.
    3. Tap Download All Purchased Tones. You might not see this option if you already downloaded all the tones that you purchased or if you haven't purchased any tones.

You might not be able to redownload some previously purchased tones."

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best Regards.

The song I purchased isn’t showing in my device to use as a ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.