Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Britbox

I was watching a show in britbox which I am subscribed to paused the show came back and couldn’t access britbox anymore I have a new Apple TV 4K when I try to open the britbox app I get a message saying the app is only available in US and Canada... I live in Canada

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 8:50 PM

Britbox is tricky on however it is you signed up. I signed up through Apple TV and can only watch on Apple TV and not the Britbox App. I can watch on my iPad or my Apple tv4k and it carries on where I left off on either device, although I find the menu hard to navigate. I’m in Canada as well.

I can’t find where I read the parts telling me this but it’s on their Support page someplace.

From their support page: https://www.britbox.com/ca/help

If you would prefer to access on other devices you can also sign up for a BritBox subscription separately through Amazon Channels or Apple TV Channels. Amazon Channels supports all major device platforms including FireTV, SmartTVs, Blu-ray players, Game consoles, and Fire tablet. Apple TV Channels supports all major Apple device platforms. See all supported devices from Amazon HERE and from Apple HERE.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2020 8:50 PM in response to Farmgirl48

Britbox is tricky on however it is you signed up. I signed up through Apple TV and can only watch on Apple TV and not the Britbox App. I can watch on my iPad or my Apple tv4k and it carries on where I left off on either device, although I find the menu hard to navigate. I’m in Canada as well.

I can’t find where I read the parts telling me this but it’s on their Support page someplace.

From their support page: https://www.britbox.com/ca/help

If you would prefer to access on other devices you can also sign up for a BritBox subscription separately through Amazon Channels or Apple TV Channels. Amazon Channels supports all major device platforms including FireTV, SmartTVs, Blu-ray players, Game consoles, and Fire tablet. Apple TV Channels supports all major Apple device platforms. See all supported devices from Amazon HERE and from Apple HERE.

Feb 6, 2020 7:59 PM in response to Farmgirl48

The app will look different because it will install its latest version.

• Force close the app (double tap tv button , then swipe left or right to select Britbox and swipe it up to close)
  • then restart your Apple TV from settings to see if this resolves it.
  • you also might try signing out of your Apple ID in Apple TV settings> Account - then sign back in
  • also verify your subscription is still active and there’s no payment issue going on: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Britbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.