Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BritBox App on Apple TV

I have an Apple TV 4K and I use the BritBox app (not watching BritBox through the AppleTV app). Out of the blue I’m getting this message, “Unfortunately, BritBox is not currently available in your country.” Was watching BritBox just last night. Problem remains today. Tried reinstalling the app without success. Is there a way to correct this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:20 PM

BritBox has this support article which might be of relevance:

Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Check you're using the latest app version of BritBox.

If the error message includes "this content is not currently available on this device", "media resolution failed" or a "manifest", it's likely that you're using an outdated version of the BritBox app and need to update. While most devices will automatically update your apps for you, you may need to update manually from time to time. Find out how to update your app.

Check if the error message appears when playing other episodes or movies.

Try playing a different episode or movie. If there's no error messages and you're able to watch without a hitch, it's likely there's a glitch we need to fix. Reach out to us and include the error message along with the specific episode or show, and we'll get it sorted.

On the other hand it might be a fault with their service and not configurable by users. This tech website suggests that BritBox has a problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 3:20 PM in response to Kim411

BritBox has this support article which might be of relevance:

Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Check you're using the latest app version of BritBox.

If the error message includes "this content is not currently available on this device", "media resolution failed" or a "manifest", it's likely that you're using an outdated version of the BritBox app and need to update. While most devices will automatically update your apps for you, you may need to update manually from time to time. Find out how to update your app.

Check if the error message appears when playing other episodes or movies.

Try playing a different episode or movie. If there's no error messages and you're able to watch without a hitch, it's likely there's a glitch we need to fix. Reach out to us and include the error message along with the specific episode or show, and we'll get it sorted.

On the other hand it might be a fault with their service and not configurable by users. This tech website suggests that BritBox has a problem.

Feb 5, 2022 5:58 PM in response to Kim411

There is another thread from 2 BritBox app users that are having issues (just in the last 48 hours). One of the posters provided a different error message than yours, however, if David McKinlay's good suggestions don't work, I'd suggest report to BritBox. It is possible there's a BritBox app - TVOS 15.3 bug (not a certainty but giving the timing, I'd say it is a possibility).

Feb 6, 2022 6:02 AM in response to David McKinlay

David, thank you. I do have the latest app version provided by Apple’s App Store. I did check out the tech website you provided and will periodically check back to that site for any updates. Thank you.

I found it interesting that I was able to log into the app on a second Apple TV in our home with no issue. Not sure what to make of that.

BritBox App on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.