Britbox Shows not playing on app, says they're not available in my country.

I was in the middle of watching a britbox show in the AppleTV app on my phone, when suddenly it stopped playing the video, now it says all Britbox shows aren't available in my country, no matter what I try to watch.

How do I fix this?

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 6:44 AM

shows aren't available in my country

If the message is accurate, then are you in the country that matches where you subscribed? BritBox (and many other content providers) have content licenses for a single country, which prohibits them from streaming abroad.

If the message is not accurate, then verify your IP address. Could that cause (some) content providers to think you are abroad? E.g. is a VPN active, or could your ISP have distributed you with an IP address that might point to a different country?

Location lookup for IP address services: [1] [2]. (I found these pretty accurate.)

If none of the above applies to your situation, then please contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 6:44 AM in response to Samandiriel79

shows aren't available in my country

If the message is accurate, then are you in the country that matches where you subscribed? BritBox (and many other content providers) have content licenses for a single country, which prohibits them from streaming abroad.

If the message is not accurate, then verify your IP address. Could that cause (some) content providers to think you are abroad? E.g. is a VPN active, or could your ISP have distributed you with an IP address that might point to a different country?

Location lookup for IP address services: [1] [2]. (I found these pretty accurate.)

If none of the above applies to your situation, then please contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

Britbox Shows not playing on app, says they're not available in my country.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.