Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If the find my app is not atcivated on my ipad can apple help in locating a stolen device?

If the find my app is not atcivated on my ipad can apple help in locating a stolen device?

Clifton's ipad

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 9:56 AM

Sorry no. See the following from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

The link above does have some other things you may want to do (e.g., change passwords).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 9:56 AM in response to cbrewine

Sorry no. See the following from If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

The link above does have some other things you may want to do (e.g., change passwords).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.